Thursday, May 29, 2008

Newish Poem

Props to Ellen Dissanysake "Make Special" is from Homo Aestheticus
The line "I am sorry. Look at me. I am miserable." comes from a note I found on my classroom floor.

Make special for me
By praying we see
Ornaments and Embellishments for finding
Our voice of authentic submissions.

Bonded within my secular temperaments.
I will get rid of my books of belief.
I never met God. Close sometimes.
Pleasure has always loved Him.

Priests go to town, drawing on balances
The deal-making around a wish for a happy death
Make special for me
By praying we see a new

Everywhere I went I was
I Was confused by the death of Carlos
I am sorry. Look at me.
I am Miserable

Did you pray to her?
No, I prayed that faith gives
dead to the dance?
Make special for me

Godic rightly claims that what is lost
Is nothing to what is found.
Watching the heavy frost melt
Saturday in bed after sex and reading

What is the main idea of the world
According to what we draw pictures of.
Oh God. My body craves.
Men and mothers.

I have been lead by zealots.
Led as a precious child by many
I am grooved For zealotry,
utopian schemes are Morphine to me.

Who are they that seduced me with something
Elastic and soon set hard and inevitable.
Zealots who have been educated
To loosen their innocence bound by worship

To make prairie it
Takes clover and bees
Reverence alone
Will do, if the bees Are Few.

By praying we see
Make special for me

No comments: